<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Residual 

Nothing new in the last week. I've been out of town, but am working on my 3-part article on explaining the Wall Advantage and Bocage rules along with their application to Deluxe ASL.

I did get in a couple of turns on my new SASL campaign in the PTO. Slow going so far, trying to remember the PTO terrain changes, but did relearn a valuable lesson demonstrating the value of placing residual during your opponent's MPh. Did you know that a 2-FP residual has a 58.3% chance of getting at least a NMC from a moving (FFMO/FFNAM) unit in open ground? Yeah, I relearned that the hard way. Residual is a great way to slow down or channel an opponent's attack. Even a 1-FP residual with just a -1 DRM (moving in non-open ground for example) will get a NMC or better 28% of the time. Great defensive tactic. And don't forget Fire Lanes.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?